- What is your minimum order, free shipping minimum, etc.? The minimum Life Choice order is $200. Orders $300 or more receive free shipping. Any orders below $200 are subject to a shipping fee, plus a $20 handling fee. More information can be found in the Terms and Conditions section at the bottom of our homepage.
- Why can I not order your product directly from you (Canada only)? We believe in supporting the natural health industry in every way possible. This is why, in Canada, our products are only available through health food stores and naturopaths. We believe their physical presence in the community is vital for the health and well-being of others. Some of these physical stores also offer our products online. Check the Store Locator section of our website for more information.
- Why is my favourite Life Choice product not available anymore? Health Canada is starting to enforce NPN (Natural Product Number) and EN (Exemption Number) compliance. If a product is being sold without a NPN or an EN, etc., fines for both the manufacturer and the store can range up to $5 million. As we cannot afford this price tag, and we also do not want to put our customers in a precarious legal or financial position, either, we are choosing to abide by Health Canada's regulations. We hope to bring back the "old favourites" as soon as possible; however, our ability to do so depends on Health Canada's status of these products. As these products become available, we will keep you updated. When making order requests, it is not a bad idea to ask if there is a more up to date price list available, so that you can always be aware of upcoming products.
- Are there any US export only products that you do NOT think will be available for Canadian purchase anytime soon? Some of these products may be available at Canadian health stores; however, they will not be licensed by Health Canada, and therefore will run the risk of Health Canada penalties, as mentioned above. For those lines, such as ours, that are seeking to be fully licensed, we must be realistic and take those penalties into account. While there is always room to be pleasantly surprised by what Health Canada would allow, right now we do NOT expect to see any of the following available for licensed Canadian purchase:
o Progesterone cream
o Tri-estrogen cream
o Lithium Orotate
o Gerovital H-3
Raw Desiccated Thyroid Tissue
Raw Desiccated Adrenal
o Germanium Sesquioxide
- I'm interested in carrying your line; what do I need to do to bring Life Choice into my store? Contact our office with your GST number or naturopathic registration number, as well as your contact info and billing information. Please note that all Life Choice accounts must have a physical retail location or clinic; online stores can be set up only in conjunction with a physical retail presence. We can either set up an account for you directly, or we can arrange a meeting with one of our sales representatives (depending on the province) to give you a hands-on look at our line. Retailers and naturopaths can also set up an account online through our retailer’s login section.
- Are the Life Choice products Gluten Free? Yes, all Life Choice products are Gluten Free.
- Are the Life Choice products VEGAN? All of the Life Choice products are Vegan, except for the glandulars. The three products that contain homeopathic glandulars are: HGH+, Thyroxycut, and Thyroid Support. Because these three products are homeopathic, they contain NO animal hormones, even though the energy contained in the supplements is from organic New Zealand Bovine.
- What is the difference between the Progest and Progesterone Creams? The ingredients in these two products are very similar. Our Progesterone Cream (US export only) is derived from compounded micronized soy and contains Aloe Vera Gel, Purified Water, Methyl Sulfonyl Methane (MSM), Progesterone derived from non-GMO soy, Grape Seed Extract, vitamin E, Thyme Extract, Avocado Oil, Steric Acid, Natural Glycerin, and Rose Germanium Extract. Our Progest Cream is derived from micronized non-GMO soy with liposomal delivery and contains Aloe Barbadensis leaf Juice, Liposomal Soy Isoflavone Extract, Red Clover Leaf Extract, Pomegranate Fruit Extract, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Natural Vitamin E, Avocado Oil, Steric Acid, Sorbic Acid (natural preservatives), Rosemary Leaf Oil, Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), and Glycerin (vegetable). The Progest and Progesterone Creams are derived from the same soy; however, the Progesterone Cream actually contains progesterone, whereas the Progest Cream is designed more to trigger the production of progesterone in the body. We highly recommend using our Balanced Female capsules with the Progest Cream for additional hormonal support. Please see the info pages for these products for more specific information.
- What product does Life Choice recommend for menopause and PMS symptoms? For menopause, Progest Liposome cream and Balanced Female capsules. Both products safely prevent and ease the symptoms of menopause. The progesterone production that takes effect while taking Progest Liposome cream and Balanced Female is essential for balancing female hormones, thus supporting the youthful vigor taht women seek. For PMS, Enhancement Support is ideal for balancing premeustrual symptoms. Enhancement Support reduces cramping, bloating, PMS and menstrual-related symptoms. The saw palmetto has been shown to produce an enhanced bust size in women. For more information, please see our Female Health Section.
- What product does Life Choice recommend for andropause? Healing Male capsules and Healing Male cream, as well as the Fiery Male and HGH+. All these products safely prevent and ease the symptoms of andropause. One should also consider the HGH+ for healthy- aging benefits. The ingredients in Fiery Male enable stamina levels and youthful vigor not only to return, but also to remain strong and stable. Maca, damania and tribulis are proven adaptogens which support and aid the production of testosterone. Testosterone is the male hormone that keeps men healthy and feeling youthful. It is important to have balanced and even elevated testosterone levels when we are in the age group of 40+. Andropause usually starts to take effect in the mid 40s, so these products are more crucial as we age.For more information, please see our Male Health section.
Weight Loss Products
- How can Life Choice help with weight loss? Life Choice has many products to assist with the increase in the metabolic rate and metabolism. To experience an increase in energy, the HGH+, Lean and Trim, and Thyroxycut are recommended. Lean Energizer boosts energy and endurance, while suppressing the appetite with calcium pyruvate. Due in part to the L-Arginine it contains, Lean and Trim has been known for its ability to improve muscle definition. If you are looking to balance the organs that regulate and stimulate the metabolic system, take our HGH+ and Thyroxycut. They both contain homeopathic organic New Zealand bovine thyroid and adrenal tissue. Both of these glandulars are helpful for stable weight loss protocol. Try taking Lean Night before you go to sleep! Lean Night promotes the release of fat- burning hormones, releasing more growth hormone while sleeping. Lean Night also builds muscle tissue and improves muscle definition; these things all take place while we sleep. For more information, please see our Weight Loss section.
- What is homeopathic and why does Life Choice use the method in the glandular products? Homeopathy is a system of medicine which involves treating the individual with highly-diluted substances, with the aim of triggering the body’s natural system of healing. Based on the specific symptoms, a homeopath will match the most appropriate medicine to each patient. In essence, what you are doing with homeopathics is stimulating your own hormone production through association. Homeopathy is based on the principle that you can treat “like with like”—that is, a substance which causes symptoms when taken in large doses can be used in small amounts to treat those same symptoms. Homeopathic solutions are very powerful remedies that work with our own oscillating energy frequencies: they are known as the “gentle giants.” We treat with homeopathy for two reasons. First, because glandulars also treat on the same basis of healing: like treats like. For example, if a person is suffering with an underactive thyroid gland, we would give the patient or customer raw thyroid tissue. The thyroid tissue heals the thyroid gland. Why homeopathic then? When the tissues are prepared homeopathically through dilution and succession, the glandulars then become more absorbable and nourish the gland more intimately. Homeopathic glandular therapy is gentler, with no negative side effects.
- What is the difference between Thyroid Support and Thyroid gland? For those missing our Thyroid tissue gland, we recommend Thyroid Support as an alternative. Although it will not be quite the "straight shot" that a thyroid glandular is, it does contain the active, homeopathic form of the thyroid gland. Preparations are produced using glass vials and cork stoppers, while using the personal human touch for hand succession, culminating in the desired potencies. We carefully follow the standards established by the Homeopathic Pharmacopeia of the United States (HPUS), as well as the regulatory requirements of the FDA. We actually exceed these requirements by designing our remedies, and guaranteeing them to be the finest quality available. Components used include: Thyroid, Iron, Calcium, Iodine, Potassium, Sulphur and Sodium, which are necessary for balancing and supporting the thyroid gland. Thyroidinum is thyroid derived from whole desiccated raw tissue gland of New Zealand bovine, which is then potentized 8X. Every ingredient is designed to support thyroid function. Because it is a homeopathic formula, one should be patient and give the product time to infiltrate the body's systems. However, the payoff is significant, as this formulation will prompt the body to take charge and balance the thyroid, instead of making the body dependent on external means to do so. Please see the Thyroid Support product page for more information.
- Can you tell me more about the HGH? HGH is often called the "fountain of youth" because elevated HGH levels help body processes function more efficiently, which, in turn, makes you feel young again.The older we get, the less our glands release. Without support, they shut down permanently. Homeopathic human growth hormone is much safer than the injections, as homeopathics are created to stimulate one’s own hormone production. Our HGH+ is designed not to replace one’s own endocrine glands or to cause dependency, but to support the glands’ own production. Higher HGH levels result in: conversion of body fat to muscle mass; growth and repair of all tissues; increased energy levels; whole body healing; cell replacement; more bone strength; improved brain function; enhanced sexual function; improved organ health and integrity; better enzyme production; and improved integrity of hair, nails, and skin, as well as vital organs. Some doctors or practitioners may use homeopathic HGH when a serious deficiency does not yet exist, but the patient wants to optimize on his or her health and beauty goals. Some doctors or practitioners may also approve the use of homeopathic HGH for certain healthy aging benefits.Generally, HGH levels begin their decline in the 20s. By age 30, the effects of decreasing HGH are already becoming apparent, and by the mid to late 30's, that decrease has usually brought about noticeable changes. At age 30, most can benefit by taking safe supplements, such as homeopathic HGH. In healthy-aging medicine, we believe in prevention: it is better to begin healthy-aging therapy at a younger age, when our HGH is already decreasing, but is not yet grossly deficient.Life Choice’s HGH+ is safe to take from age 12 up, though HGH levels begin their decline in the twenties. While some sources recommend not taking HGH while long bone formation is occurring (could be up to age 30), this only applies to the injectable version. Homeopathics do not have these issues, and we added insulin to our formulation to ensure its safety. Our recommended dosage of the product is three times per day, as homeopathics are most effective when taken at various intervals. For more information, please see the HGH+ product page.
- Why are Amino Acids important? Amino acids are VITAL to health because they are the building block components that make up proteins—and protein is absolutely essential to your life! Our bodies are constantly busy with hundreds of processes, and amino acids are important ensure that the body is healthy and properly functioning. There are 22 amino acids your body uses: 14 of which your body manufactures on its own, and the remainder of which you receive through your diet (essential). The remaining eight amino acids are considered essential because your body cannot manufacture them on its own. Amino acids are involved in many bodily functions and work together to promote health. See the Life Choice selection of Amino Acids here.
- Why is the recommended adult dosage of L-Tyrosine 20 capsules one to two times per day? Isn’t that really high? It all has to do with Health Canada compliance. To be able to make therapeutic claims, single ingredient products (standalone formulations) must have medicinal values that are supported by clinical trials. The medicinal claim of Tyrosine, for instance, is: “Helps to decrease cognitive fatigue due to physically stressful situations (e.g. extended wakefulness, exposure to cold, excessive noise).” To put it simply, in order to make that therapeutic claim from the clinical trials, we must also use the dosage recommendation for that claim; it is a package deal. We encourage our customers to think independently and do their own research; a good place to start is the book The Healing Nutrients Within by Dr. Eric R. Braverman, M.D. This book can be made available through Life Choice retail partners. For more info on the product, visit the L-Tyrosine product info page.
- Is your L-Tryptophan safe? Why do some say stay away from L-Tryptophan? The controversy surrounding L-Tryptophan is best explained in the book The Healing Nutrients Within by Dr. Eric R. Braverman, M.D. In 1989, a fatal outbreak of the rare autoimmune disease eosinophilia myalgia syndrome (EMS) cropped up. The disease causes fever, numbness, and rashes; it also affects the muscles, arms and legs. In severe cases, EMS can cause death. This outbreak of EMS was traced back to contamination from a new tryptophan processing method that one Japanese manufacturer had implemented. (Life Choice was and is not associated with this manufacturer.) In years prior, tryptophan users never reported any EMS-related symptoms; only those who were unfortunate enough to receive the “bad batch” from 1989 reported health issues. Several of those who developed EMS from the contaminated tryptophan sued the Japanese manufacturer. This uproar resulted in a FDA mandate banning the sale of tryptophan in the US. The media, of course, published the “health risks” of tryptophan, as well, which only fuelled the fires of panic. In time, however, the FDA’s Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition studied amino acid supplementation and concluded that it is safe, and as of 1996, tryptophan can be obtained via prescription in the US. In Canada, Health Canada has granted an EN number (159012) to Life Choice’s L-Tryptophan. Right now, our brand is the only licensed tryptophan in Canada, which means that you can buy with confidence. Our products are safe and effective. Please see the L-Tryptophan product info page for more detailed information on the product.
- Why is B6 in the Tryptophan, and what is the difference between the Life Choice brand and others on the market? B6 is necessary for the metabolization of tryptophan. The Tryptophan on the market that does not have B6 bound to it will not cross the blood-brain barrier and, of course, the Tryptophan will NOT be converted into Niacin by the brain. Learn more about L-Tryptophan here.
- Can you explain the tartrate in the L-Carnitine tartrate? Tartrate is a cell salt that serves as a transporter. Tartrate is more bioavailable than other forms of L-Carnitine, and aids in absorption. Most other L-Carnitine on the market is in fumerate form, which does not absorb at the same level as a tartrate form. To get 500mg of L-Carnitine, 660mg of tartrate is required. Life Choice carries a few varieties of L-Carnitine tartrate: L-Carnitine, and L-Carnitine/CoQ10.
- Why are oratates in the OPTI- CAL/MAG with K2 and are they important? Orotates are the mineral salts of orotic acid, a natural substance found in our bodies and also in various foods, including dairy products. Because calcium orotate can penetrate the complex cell membranes, it can compensate for disturbed calcium transport through these cell membranes. Oratates open the passage way for other minerals to get into the cells more effectively; this is a form of chelation. Learn more about Opti-Cal/Mag with K2 here.
Submit a Question
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Submit a question here!